Thursday, May 6, 2010

Alma Waters Wilson And Q.D. Wilson


Alma Waters Wilson, (born:1916, died: 1984) Age: 68

Alma was born on November 8, 1916 and passed away in November 1984.

Alma was a resident of Commerce, Georgia.

Married To: Q.D. Wilson (born: 1/31/1917, died: 4/12/2007) Age: 90

BirthJan. 31, 1917, USA
Death: Apr. 12, 2007
Commerce
Jackson County
Georgia, USA

Mr. Wilson was a veteran of World War II serving in the Army Air Corp. He was preceded in death by his wife Alma Waters Wilson.

Note: Ivie Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
 
Burial:
Jackson Memorial Gardens
Commerce
Jackson County
Georgia, USA

Created by: William Carson
Record added: Dec 28, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 102749556


They have two sons, Jeffery B. and Johnny F.

For many years they operated a Peach Orchard Farm. They sold peaches locally as well as in other cities. Their were many summers that I shared with Jeff working grading and boxing peaches before we could ride our bikes down whatever dirt road that was in the area.

After the peaches started dying off, they got in to the business of raising chickens. If I remember correctly they had two chicken houses and they would raise chickens from chicks to full grown in about six weeks. They would keep the lights on at night so the chickens wouldn't roost and they thought that it was daytime so they would continue eating.

2 comments:

  1. It was thirty-one years ago on a very sad November day when my sweet grandma Wilson went home to be with Jesus. I miss her very much and wish I could have had more time with her. If she were still living, I would be spending the night with her tonight at the family farm helping her to prepare one of her Thanksgiving dinners. I remember her fussing at Uncle Johnny one year about how much sage he put in the dressing mixture. I wish I still had her to teach me all of her delicious recipes. My sweet grandmother served as a nurse during WWII. I graduate soon with my degree in Medical Assisting. It is not the same as being a nurse, but I'm glad I get to follow in her footsteps in the medical field. I wish she was here to see me graduate. Both of my grandparents were the best thing about my childhood. They instilled in me life lessons that help me every day. My grandfather taught me the value of hard work, treating your neighbor as dear friend, and how to help others who cannot help themselves, while expecting nothing in return. As a freshman in undergraduate college, my granddad made sure my car was in good working condition and checked my oil on the weekend. I will never forget my grandfathers saying, "and as a little boy once said," followed by some life lesson he was going to teach. My grandparents took care of me and my siblings during our parent's divorce. They always loved us unconditionally! Alma and Q.D. Wilson are the greatest gift the Lord could give me!

    I don't know if I will ever meet my dad's birth mother, but I will always be thankful for her choosing life and blessing my grandparents with my dad and thereby blessing me with amazing grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya - I am so sorry for your loss. I may have information about your birth grandmother. Please contact me at ademarest@lindsey.com

    ReplyDelete