Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Grandfather's Real Name

My grandfather whom I never knew always went by the name P.Y. Waters. The name he was given when he was born was not a bad name for a young lad but as he grew older he didn't like his birth name.

So he decided to shorten it a little by dropping a few letters so that he could come up with the name of P.Y.

So he dropped the letter o and the letter n from the middle of his name and shortened it to P.Y. and so I'm sure that you have already guessed that the name he was given at birth was Pony.

When I was born, my older brother was named after my dad and my dad wanted to name me after his dad, but thankfully my mother won over that name and I got the initials instead if I dropped the names with these letters.

I got my first name Palmer after my mothers dad, and that let me have the P. in granddad's name. And I got my middle name from a great friend Young Coleman and that gave me the letter Y.. So as you can see I can be P.Y. Waters like my granddad on my dad's side, or I can be Palmer Young W. either one is fine with me.

By: Palmer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment