Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New Family History Information

I have been communicating with two of my Cousins back in GA. Each has shared some new light on my search on our family. I appreciate the help of Ricky and Roger Waters for their help more that ever. It seems the more that I look the more I can get confused. Ricky had information on the graves at Grey Hill Cemetery were the family plot is located and these dates have helped me to fill in the blanks or correct the dates of births and times of death. He also had a chart where each family member is buried. Some were buried in the Grey Hill Cemetery in the Family Plot and some even had their own lots there as well. And some have plots at the Jackson Memorial Cemetery on the Jefferson Rd. just outside of Commerce.

It seems that our second cousin Cheryl Curry has done some research on the Waters Family and Ricky had a copy showing who each son and daughter of  P.Y. Waters and Nettie Elizabeth Waters were married to and the name of their children.

Roger Waters has done quite a bit of family history on the Waters Family and I am grateful for his help as well. He said that P.Y. Waters name was spelled Pone' Waters pronounced (pony) and he was named after his dad who had Pone' as his middle name. I had heard all my life that his name was Pony but he didn't like that name and he dropped the o and the n and when by P.Y., it was great to have the correct information to enable me to do a better search on family members.

Roger said, "A few years ago my sister Juanita had given him some information that she had found on our family. She had brought it to a family reunion that we had had at Hurricane Shoals." As soon as I get this information in the mail I will post it on the blog.

All of our Aunts and Uncles are deceased and some of our first cousins have passed as well. If anyone has other information on anyone who has passed and I don't have this information please message me on Facebook and I will give you my email address or home address. If anyone has any family pictures to share I would appreciate these as well and I will post who furnished the picture.

This is something I started in 2008, but I wish that I had started it many years earlier because times have changed and more records are available now because of the web but I could have saved more information had I started earlier.

"Thanks Again," to my cousins, Ricky Waters, Roger Waters, Cheryl Curry and Jimmy Wheeler for furnishing information and pictures on our family.

Palmer Y. Waters (P.Y.)

No comments:

Post a Comment